Working through a customer service skills list is often advisable when doing annual reviews, evaluating staff performance and also interviewing candidates for customer facing roles. In essence, this list consists of six key traits, techniques and characteristics that all employees should have adequate training in.
- Professionalism: Employees who communicate with customers in a professional, courteous and businesslike manner project a better perception of your company. This improves customer retention and increases sales in the long-term. Supervisors should foster this level of professionalism through effective reviews and peer reviews of all customer facing employees.
- Time management: You should instigate goals and deadlines for all employees and their dealings with staff. Being goal oriented make people more self-motivated and work towards various tasks, goals and deadlines. Supervisors need to scheduled work appropriately in order for this to work correctly.
- Better problem solving: Customer interactions usually involve dealing with problems, complaints and issues. In order to make interaction as effective as possible, these problems need to resolve rapidly by your staff need to do this they need to understand the tools, systems and staff that can help in this process (through ongoing training and establishing work procedures).
- Service/product knowledge: The simple fact is that employees to understand your product/service offering are better able to deal with customer complaints and issues. This requires ongoing training of your entire workforce.
- Communications: It is fundamental to all customer interactions are done using positive language and that your employees are actively listening to their customers (i.e. in verbal communications). Advanced communication training can aid your employees to excel in this area. This is the most important trait in this customer service skills list.
- Confidence: Employees are more confident in their work will project a better sense of trust with your customers. This conference can be established over time once your staff are gaining enough experience and education on-the-job.
- Six Ways Of Improving Customer Service Skills (AuthorityArticles.com)
- 6 Examples Of Excellent Customer Service Skills (gotfreebusinesscards.com)
An Essential Customer Service Skills List For Customer Facing Employees by Steve